Born in Orhei, Republic of Moldova, soprano Nadia Cerchez graduated the Faculty of Music, Theater and Fine Arts in Chișinău, Republic of Moldova, after which she continued her Master Studies in Cluj-Napoca, Romania at „Gheorghe Dima” Music Academy. She is a native speaker of Romanian and Russian, but also knows Italian, French and German.
She received multiple national and international distinctions, from which we list a few:
- 1st Prize — „L'assoluta Virginia Zeani”, Târgu-Mureș, Romania (2019)
- 1st Prize — Dömötör Best Soprano Singer, Szeged, Hungary (2015)
- 1st Prize — „Sabin Drăgoi”, Timişoara, Romania (2011)
- 2st Prize and Darclee Award — „Hariclea Darclee”, Brăila, Romania (2012, 2010)
- 2st Prize — „Vox Artis”, Sibiu, Romania (2011)
- 2st Prize — „Ionel Perlea”, Slobozia, Romania (2011)
- 2st Prize — „Ferdinand Weiss”, Cluj-Napoca, Romania (2009)
Nadia Cerchez had significant performances on the Romanian stages, but also abroad in roles like Lady Macbeth (Macbeth, G. Verdi), Abigaille (Nabucco, G. Verdi), Leonora (The Troubadour, G. Verdi), Elvira (Ernani, G. Verdi), Tatiana (Eugene Onegin, P. I. Tchaikovsky), Floria Tosca (Tosca, G. Puccini).
Find out more details Photo gallery Video gallery